CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Goodbye Computer, Hello GTAIV!


I started the morning off thinking to myself (wow, isn’t that amazing!) about what I’d like to blog about next. The idea came to mind when I thought of my PS3, which is currently being played by my son right now as I write this. I then became very excited and glanced at the calendar next to me on the wall. You see, I, like many others, are anticipating a very special date…the date in which Grand Theft Auto IV comes out for PS3. The game comes out April 29th, all for the jaw-dropping price of $89.00 bucks. Am I ready to plunk down this kind of money for a game that’ll have me staying up until the wee hours of the morning? Am I ready for the blisters I’m going to get for holding onto the controller for too long? You bet your fucking ass I’m ready!!


If you’re a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, I’m hoping you’ll agree with me when I say it’s got an awesome soundtrack. So for your listening pleasure, I give you Herbie Hancock, as played on Grand Theft Auto’s Vice City.

http://profile.imeem.com/6uatI/music/2cfMMhO1/herbie_hancock_rockit/


I don’t know exactly what it is about the GTA games that makes my ass remain glued to the Lazy-boy for hours on end, but damn it! The GTAs are fucking addicting and getting me to turn the console off is harder than saying ‘seven selfish shellfish’ ten times in a row without messing up! Hmph…try saying it. You’ll see what I mean.



In the past, it’s been reported by the media that upon a GTA game’s date of release, people have actually camped out in front of electronic stores, eagerly awaiting to get there hands on the game. I’m not that devoted of a fan, but it sure sounds tempting. Sitting and chilling with fellow gamers sounds like it’d be fun, exchanging codes and secrets, favorite stories on how one of the many missions they played were completed…or failed.


Before I forget to mention, besides the fact that the game makes my mind go numb and my eyes dry from having stared at the screen for too long, I think there’s some really funny things on the game as well.


For instance, some of the things Liberty City’s or Vice City’s inhabitants (whichever game you’re playing) say are fucking hilarious. At the moment, I can’t recall what they say but do know they always have me laughing.


What is just so great about this game? Is it because you can plow someone down with the car you stole and get away with it? Is it because you can pick up hookers and watch your health level rise? Or could it be the ‘Vigilante’ missions you can go on? I really can’t decide. Those were just a few things off the top of my head to list here. I personally like pissing the cops off. Man o’ man! When you see the row of stars go from one lit up star to five…you’d better get the fuck outta there! Fucking swat team swarms in on you and let me tell you, if you got the codes to make them go away, you’d better get those fingers working otherwise you’re ass will be grass!
Anyways, I’m really looking forward to this game. I hope that Rockstar games can deliver what they have in the past. For those that see me online all the time…well, I hate to say it but you may not be seeing me for awhile once the game comes out.

6 comments:

Lex Valentine said...

Does your health really go up when you get a hooker? I like that!

The SWAT team not so much. The real SWAT team scared the shit of me.

rxvenomqueen said...

Yup! You pick the hooker up in your car and drive to a secluded location. You get to watch your car bounce from all the screwing that goes on inside. Then, as spine-chilling as it sounds, once the hooker is done and she gets out of the car, you whack her until she's dead and you can take back the money you gave her. Wow. I sound like some kind of sick bastard!

shiny said...

I'm a bit confused as to the numbering scheme for GTA: Where do GTA:Vice City and GTA:San Andreas fit into the mix? I remember spending a lot of time playing GTA3 on the PC (and, yes, banging hookers after banging the hookers), and I'm surprised that this one is being called GTA4.

In any case -- enjoy! I wonder how different it will be...

rxvenomqueen said...

I'm stunned I forgot about San Andreas, Shiny! Good question. My guess is that Rock Star games simply tossed these games out there because there was such a high demand for GTA. They all have different storylines, graphics and you know the rest.

MaryO said...

You like beating the hookers dont lie. I tried getting into this game but like all the other games I just couldnt.
Now if you have NCAA football or Medal of Honor I am all about it. Hell I dont even have a playstation anymore so what the hell am I bitching about.
By the way Miss hooker killer, I put up that link to the hosptial new arrivals page for you. It is in my blog today. GO and save it so you can look to see what i pushed out of me when the time comes. Promise to text you when it happens.
Plus if you want a real laugh you can call after they give me the first round of drugs and listen to me slur the shit out of burrito. That is just a cool ass word when you are on the good stuff.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I won't go near computer games anymore; I get too sucked in and never get a thing written. It insults my dad, for reasons I don't get. Maybe he's just not that convinced I'm a writer...

Nice of you to drop by -- hope you'll make it a habit!