CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Love Affair with Altoids

I’m fully convinced that if Altoids didn’t exist, I’d be constantly paranoid about my breath. I’m not saying I have the best breath in the world, but after popping an Altoid into my mouth, it gives me piece of mind when I’m talking to someone. Having good breath is always nice for both people communicating to each other. Plus, it keeps them focused on what you’re saying, not about what you consumed for lunch. Now I’ve had past incidents where someone will be talking with me and holy shit! Their breath was bad enough to make my nose hairs fall out! This is when I try to do anything to avoid their breath.

Altoids. I’m hooked on them. I can’t get enough of them. I’ve made Callard & Bowser, the makers of Altoids, rich, rich, rich. In the past decade or so, I’ve never been without the curiously strong mint. I always have a spare tin container of them around just in case I run out the one I’m currently devouring.


For this blog, I was going to tack up a picture of Altoids, and you know what? I’ve found some interesting things that people are doing with their empty tin containers. Here’s what I’ve found.

Tired of handing out business cards that are bent near the corners? Embarassed about handing them out along with your pocket lint? Keep them in great shape in an Altoid can!



What better way to keep your games protected? Store them in an Altoid can!



Need a cheap and easy way to dock your MP3 player? Put it in an Altoid can!



Where oh where can you put your MP3 player? In an Altoid can!



Want to get attention? Put the lids of an Altoid can on your shoe!




A damned good reason you should go to your local parade? Hot, beefy men standing near Altoid can props!



Talk about creativity! Now that I’ve seen some of the creative ways people are using them, I’m beginning to think what I can do with the one I’ve got.

So I’m wrapping up this blog, saying pop ‘em if you got ‘em, people! They’re not only known to be the curiously strong mints, but they make your breath curiously strong (in a good way) too!

2 comments:

Lex Valentine said...

If those guys were selling, I'd be buying. Altoids. Just Altoids. Anything else might be illegal. LOL

Those shoes were GROSS! EWWWWW!

*runs screaming from Shiny's blog to look at beautiful Manolo Blahnicks*

Anonymous said...

The cool thing about these tins is that they're relatively indestructable. And they keep the contents dry. Hence -- good place to store receipts, paper, etc.

My favorite thus far -- cinnamon. I haven't even dared try the licorice stuff...