CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

NyQuil Can Mess You Up


I awakened this morning with my kid literally in my face saying wake up and a whole lot of ‘what the hell is going on?’ inside my head. I was super disoriented this morning and still, I’m trying to bring myself to focus.

Okay, so I confess, I didn’t measure the NyQuil in the little plastic cup the bottle comes with last night. Instead, I drank what I thought would’ve been the proper dosage and to be honest, with as hard as I slept last night, I think I took a wee bit too much. I hadn’t slept that hard in so long and honestly, it felt wonderful. I didn’t drink the green gag inducing liquid just because I simply wanted a little shuteye. Before bed, I was coughing up a storm and when it came time to go to bed, I slid under the comforter as discreetly as possible, hoping I wouldn’t wake the sleeping hubby. My head hit the pillow and I got comfy cozy.

And then there it was.

I feel the urge to cough…you know, that little tickle you get near your tonsils. I try to ignore the nagging feeling, but it became too much. With my mouth closed, I coughed very softly and wouldn’t you know…that one little cough brought on a coughing fit. Knowing I was disturbing Michael, I unwillingly slide out of bed, shuffle into the kitchen and rummage through the meds we have in the cabinet and find good ole’ trustworthy NyQuil.

Back in the bedroom again, I grab my pillow and new blanket and take them out to the living room where I crash on the couch. I must’ve needed the sleep because next thing I know, I’m out like a lamp…which is fine with me because it just plain sucks when your own coughing keeps you up for hours. My dreams were so incredibly vivid and I remember everything about them. I even told off someone I don’t like and am forced to deal with 5 days a week. I called them the biggest asshole on earth and added emphasis when I formed my hands into a circle to show them how big an asshole they are. Despite it feeling really good in my dreams , I know in reality doing so would land my ass into some really hot water. So, with that said, I’m simply going to be satisfied with what I got out of my dream and sit here and continue writing merrily.

And don’t worry…I won’t be joining the NyQuil Anonymous Association anytime soon.

4 comments:

Errant said...

thank God it's not that serious, but still it mustta feel uncomfortable !

sometimes we cause harm to ourselves cause we don't really pay enough attention to what we're doing

Sheri, RN said...

I've taken a little too much Nyquil on accident before too. I felt really groggy the next day though. I use the little plastic cap to measure now hehe. Great blog though, I am glad to have stumbled across it!

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
I dont have words what to say,
your words touched my heart

Teri said...

Ok, so I love your cute little hoodie, that you have a kid(s) too, and that you kind of sort of look like me. Hi, I'm totally going to stalk you now.