CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Wow, it’s been a while since I wrote anything for my blog. I suppose it’s time for some updates, eh?

Since the last blog, which sadly backdates all the way to April, Michael and I moved and are now living in our first home. It’s wonderful and it’s great to call this place ours. Okay, really, the house belongs to the bank we did our loan with, but still, you get the drift. Anyways, we’re here now and we love it.

As far as that blog I wrote about Metallica touring with Ozzy goes…didn’t go to the show. In fact, Michael and I hardly went to any shows at all. However, I did go to one concert over the summer with a co-worker. Together, we went to Cruefest with the tickets I won off the local rock station, 95.1WIIL Rock. Great station. And Tom and Lisa, the DJs in the morning, are a fucking riot. Bah…here I go, getting off topic again. *Redirects focus*

Anyways, the real reason I’m writing this tonight is for a very good reason and I’m super excited to blog about it. My reason starts with gal pal, Winter, who submitted her writings and now has three contracts to get published! Pretty amazing since this all started this fall, huh? I think, if memory serves me correctly, her first novella comes out in Spring 2009. Read more
here to get the entire scoop. I’m super stoked for her and glad she’s doing something she has a great love for, and, I might add, is extremely good at.

Winter’s motivation to take the big step to get published inspired me tremendously. I’ve been writing nearly 3 years now and I think it’s safe to say, I might just have what it takes to see my stuff in print. Maybe. It’s been a goal I’ve wanted to fulfill for a long time now, so I’m going to give it my all and see how far I can go. If I don’t get far, that’s alright. I’m prepared to be shot down. If I fail, I’ll keep trying. After all, practice makes perfect, and I’ve got plenty of time to make this happen someway or another.

So I’m almost willing to say, after much plotting this past week, I’m ready to start my story tomorrow. Tonight I want to write out the plot’s structure, map it out so to speak, get myself ready for the big day LOL. In a sense, it feels like I’m a little kid all over again and tomorrow I’m going to an amusement park. Hope I’m able to sleep tonight! It’s that big a deal to me, something I’m wholeheartedly looking forward to. There’s even been a lot of thought put into the first sentence. I know…funny and ridiculous.

There you have it…the scoop. Just wrapped up Thanksgiving –pun intended- and am ready to move onto Christmas. The holidays this year are going to be very different, and not in a good way either. Mom and my stepdad, Matt, moved out to California and yesterday was strange and seemed totally out of routine. For years, Thanksgiving would start off with Michael and I going to my parent’s home where we stay for hours eating and enjoying time with each other. Afterwards, we’d go to my aunt’s and uncle’s for a quick visit. Finally, and sluggishly, we’d head to the in-laws and stay there until it’d be time to call it a night. Not this year though. Michael, Wyatt (our son) and I first went to my aunt’s and uncle’s, then to his parents. With my rents being across the country now, the holiday’s aren’t going to be the same. :(

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! Enjoy your turkey sandwiches that you’re going to be eating for a week straight!

1 comments:

Lex Valentine said...

I'm so glad you're going to start a writing project! And I know you'll love the writer's loops! You can make this happen. I know it!